JUMP, JUMP, JUMP!
Gross motor skills are bigger movements such as rolling, kicking, hitting, and jumping.
This activity is a great way to enhance the skill of jumping. It will allow your preschooler to practice takeoff, flight and landing.
Listed are FIVE different types of jumps:
- Two foot takeoff, two foot landing
- Two foot takeoff, one foot landing
- One foot take off, same foot landing (hop)
- One foot take off, other foot landing (leap)
- One foot take off, two feet landing
- Begin with one row of tape. Allow your preschooler to jump over it.
- Add another piece of tape.
- Allow your preschooler to jump over the two pieces.
- Continue to add tape until you reach a stopping point.
- Ready for more? Try a different jump this time. Demonstrate bending your knees and swinging your arms forward.
Sounds simple enough, right? It doesn't need to be complicated for your preschooler to enjoy it. Sometimes the simple things are the most fun!
Let us know how your preschooler enjoys this!