Little Fingers Friday - Raise a Reader
Literacy is essential. It unlocks information about history, science, health, mathematics, and much more. Most importantly, early literacy begins with YOU.
It is safe to assume that we understand the importance of reading. We try and incorporate it into our daily routine with our babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
Also, did you know that better readers, read more?!
So let's get reading and incorporate these five simple tips at an early age. These suggestions will build a strong foundation to the habits of what good readers "do". They are certainly not the only suggestions, but are a strong start to building a confident, knowledgable reader.
- Read every day to all ages.
- Point and say the author's name.
- Point and say illustrator's name.
- Show left to right/up down progression of words.
- Point to the words as you read them.