8 Reasons Why Preschool Painting is Valuable For Development
"The more exposure you give children to all kinds of materials-and to discussions about different ways to use the materials-the more children become able to express their ideas through the visual arts." The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
Not only does exposure to the visual arts promote an understanding of the world, but it also serves as a foundation to learning.
Painting with Preschoolers:
- Controls small muscles in the hand
- Enables preschoolers to observe objects with curiosity
- Enables preschoolers to make and interpret representations
- Explore color
- Learn to respect materials
- Reflect feelings
- Translate ideas and feelings into design
- Allows preschoolers to share what they creating to promote language development
Painting Set Up:
Use these recycled materials...
To set up your invitation to create.
This time, invite your preschooler to paint rocks.
Heading outside to gather materials allows your preschooler to acknowledge that resources come in many different kinds of mediums. Yes, you can purchase art supplies at the store, but you can also use your environment and recycled materials to create art.
How do you use the outdoors to create?
Join us on social media @dayswithgrey or comment below. We love hearing from you!