A Fun Game for Fall
Inside: Fall preschool pumpkin alphabet memory game
Little Pumpkins are everywhere, and little chubby hands cannot resist.
With this preschool pumpkin alphabet activity, you have a win.
A true, "I can smell fall in the air", WIN.
Why is this Preschool Memory Game Important?
By Kindergarten, children will be asked to:
- Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Set Up We Did Together:
Although this is technically a memory game, my preschooler really wanted to be involved in the setup.
With preschoolers, sometimes you have to let the rules go and be flexible in the execution.
Turns out, allowing my preschooler to set up helped him gain independence, and he began setting it up on his own!
How to Set Up This Preschool Pumpkin Game for Fall:
- Cut white notecards in small squares
- Write the letters of the alphabet. You will need to write each letter twice.
- Begin with letters from your preschooler's name or letters they already know.
- Next, you can play adding one letter they are unsure about. Add more as your preschooler gains confidence.
How to Play This Preschool Pumpkin Game for Fall:
- Cover all the letters with a pumpkin.
- Take turns picking up the pumpkins to find a match.
Affiliate links below
Small Pumpkins - we used 8
No Time? Want to Buy Something Similar?
Other ways to play this Fall Preschool Memory Game:
Sight words: By Kindergarten, children will be asked to read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
Rhyming Words: By Kindergarten, children will be asked to recognize and produce rhyming words.
Numbers: By Kindergarten, children will be asked to count to 100 by ones and by tens.
Save for Later!