5 Kitchen Gadgets that Need to be Added Into Your Playroom
You hear a lot about needing to improve Fine Motor Development with preschoolers.
But WHY is this important:
- Developing these muscles will help with handwriting.
- Developing these muscles will help with scissor holding.
- Developing the small muscles generally lags behind gross motor skills.
- Children gain more self-confidence when they are able to achieve simple tasks. The more practice, the better they will be come with small motor movements.
Don't Overthink Fine Motor Development!
Simply add some common kitchen tools into your play area.
1. Kitchen Tongs to Grab
2. Small Plastic Cups for Little Hands
3. Measuring Cups to Scoop
4. Bottle Caps and Uncooked Pasta for Play-doh
5. Egg Slicer
Again, we like to add this with play-doh play
Stay with your preschooler. These can be sharp if used incorrectly. Also, do not use the egg slicer for food without properly washing.
Which every day items from your kitchen does your preschooler like to play with?