Why Quick Number Identification is Important for your Preschooler
Your preschooler can count 1-10.
Your preschooler can identify each number amount correctly.
Don't rush it. Preschool is preschool for a reason.
You have plenty of time to build upon the basics. Allow your preschooler to play, maniupulate, and discover concepts on their own.
Of course, you can begin to introduce numbers above 10. However, truly mastering the numbers 1-10 will come in handy down the road.
Why is Quick Number Identification such as automatically recognizing "This is a group of 5" Important?
- Quick addition - Better recognition with fast facts
- Better understanding of how to compose and decompose numbers
- Better understanding of "groups of" numbers when multiplying
- Allows more time to think through problem solving of word problems since the number amount is already automatically recognized.
Number Identification Game to Build Recognition
These outside yard dice are an Amazon Affiliate link. The dice are a perfect size for little hands and you get 5 in the set.
How to Play:
- Go outside.
- Draw 6 boxes with a number in each box.
- Roll the dice.
- Decide where the dice needs to get placed after rolling.
Quick, Easy and FUN!
You will notice that number recognition will increase the more your preschooler rolls and matches the dice with the correct number name.
Give it a try! Tag us if you do. Let us know what you think about these dice.
Check out Busy Toddler's variation to this game! It is brilliant. Click Here: BUSYTODDLER