A Little Bit of Dirt - Part Two Extension
On Sunday, we posted, "A Little Bit of Dirt, Part One".
- We searched the outdoors for a collection of items to add into our sensory bottles.
- We found our preschool activity from the book, "A Little Bit of Dirt":
My preschooler LOVED this activity Most of it involved roaming around outside passing time, as Grey made inferences, observations and got moving.
Below is an Amazon Affiliate Direct Link to the Book.
To Continue this Preschool Outdoor Activity:
- We headed back indoors to sort and classify our objects.
WHY Sort and Classify?
By Kindergarten, children will be asked to classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
You can do this with your preschooler now!
Preschoolers love to classify, sort, and count.
Next, we began to place our objects into our Sensory Bottles.
Amazon Affiliate Supply List for bottles:
Place one jar with distilled water next to each sorted object.
Allow your preschooler to begin filling each jar. Watch the jars each day to observe how the natural materials break down.
- Which materials decompose the fastest?
- Which materials look exactly the same over time? Any?
- Which materials fit one to a jar vs. many to a jar?
- Which materials do you observe a color change?
Pin any image to save!
Amazon Affiliate Links to books by, Asia Citro.